Boo! Happy Halloween everyone! Hope your day is going well and your evening is a safe one. As always, we give you news from around the globe, but beware, some of the links are very scary . . . click at your own risk . . . muahahahah . . . .
- Good news for Japan: both presidential candidates say they will strengthen America’s relationship the country.
- Are you “hungry?” Are you in New York? If so, this might be for you. The New York Times reviews the work of Eiko & Koma, a Japanese American couple who are putting on a production called “Hunger” in Chelsea
- One of Japan’s top amateur pitcher asks his country’s baseball teams NOT to draft him – and they agreed. A lucrative career in the MLB could be next.
- Why have Japanese stocks performed poorly? Here’s one blogger’s rationale.
- Here’s one industry not too concerned with stock market troubles . . . Japan’s beef industry.
- Insight into the world of izakaya – in book form.